Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Poor Sewing Machine

My sewing machine died a couple weeks ago. Technically its on life support as I could take it in a get it repaired, but its over 20 years old and doesn't have all the bells and whistles the new ones do. Even the cheap ones! It has been a good reliable machine for me, a Singer, but I really am wanting a new machine that can do more.

Yet I hesitate. In this economy. At this time of year. When money doesn't grow on trees. And yet, I could really use it right now. I'm frustrated that there are all these things I could be sewing, crafting and I don't have my machine. Arrrrggghhhh!

I have done a bit of research and found a Brother machine that looks like it would be a great fit for me. Its for the intermediate sewer, not beginner nor expert. Right where I would say I fit in the sewing world.

I would like to improve my sewing skills this coming year. Learn a few new techniques and work with some fabrics that I haven't yet, like silk, chiffon and suede. I mainly sew for my son: pants, shorts and pajamas, for myself: skirts, knit tops, purses, and for crafts: I have a kindle cover that only needs one more stitch and its finished. Oh, and I mend. Lots of mending here at this house. Thankfully I actually enjoy mending.

If I get the Brother I'll let you know. And maybe it'll inspire me to share more of what I'm creating.

Til next time ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which brand are you looking at? I used to sell sewing machines, so I know a bit about them...