Monday, January 12, 2009

i think i'm in LOVE

found this great website the other day. its called Simply Recipes, and as you can see that's exactly what she delivers. tho, don't confuse simply with simple. her posts are packed with great info about the recipes, ingredients, and other great info. and did i mention her pics? her photographs are gorgeous! i wish i could take photos of food the way she does.

in her own words, she explains how her blog started:
Simply Recipes is a blog or a personal website, created and maintained by me, Elise Bauer. Unlike most of the large recipe sites that you might find on the Internet with tens of thousands of recipes, Simply Recipes is my personal website, with only a few hundred recipes, all tested by me, my family or my friends.

A few years ago I started writing down the recipes I had grown up with and posting them to my website. I had just turned 40, and had spent most of my adult life working as a hectic Silicon Valley consultant with little time to cook, let alone learn how to cook beyond what I had learned growing up. I come from a big family - six kids - and thought what a terrific family project, to document our family recipes! Both my mother and father are excellent home cooks, mom by necessity to raise us all, and dad because he loves to eat well and enjoys the experimentation of trying out new recipes.


she has some guest bloggers post occasionally. and she also has a great index on her sidebar so you can find recipes according to ingredient, menu/course, and she even includes budget friendly, vegetarian, low carb and wheat free. isnt' that great?

simply recipes was voted best food blog in the 2006 food blog awards and i can see why. her blog was noted in Time Magazine's 50 Coolest Websites of 2006 as being a "great resource for cooks". cool, huh?

so now that i've found it, i'm putting simply recipes on my sidebar of food blogs to follow. i hope to make something from her blog soon. i'm sure it'll be delish!

No comments: